Friday, August 26, 2005

Illustration Friday "Dreams"

I suppose my friday drawing is two-fold again. For one, it illustrates a baby sleeping, probably dreaming. Do babies have the ability to dream? Second, it depicts one of my dreams. Being newly married, my husband and I want to eventually have a baby.

Techniques: This was a long process. I began by drawing the bunny and baby in Photoshop. I used layers to add the clouds, moon, and text. I played with opacity, gaussian blur and the smudge tool. I did so many things and reworked so many of the layers, there is no way I could list all here. While the drawing itself seems simple-the creation was a bit more complex. Sorry. I am still a bit rusty with the tools as well. You can see some rough edges and uneven lines. I'm learning though!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful illo! The stars look so dreamy. The rough edges and uneven lines give it a subtle soft feeling. The font choice is excellent too.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful one.. Very cool.

The Tart said...

As always thanks for the how-to on your work. I love the stars!

Rowantree said...

Sweet illo, really warm !

Anonymous said...

I love your transparent scattered stars :)

Alison Ashwell said...

I think babies dream!
sweet illustration

carla said...

It's lovely! It would be a sweet gift to someone's newborn to hang over his or her bed! It's so soft and dreamy.

Tony LaRocca said...

It reminds me of my baby daughter- she won't go to sleep without her little doll (little does she know that there are actualy 3 dolls that are exactly the same... hee hee hee)

bee'nme said...

Sweet and charming illustration! Lovely colors!

Kim said...

That's very good. You are incredibily talented.