Thursday, August 18, 2005

Random Drawing 2

I've always had a fascination with koi. In college I had two and I swear, those fish were so affectionate towards each other. Sadly they died when I replaced the gravel in my fish tank. Later, I had a silvery white one that grew to be about 12 inches in length! He/she got so big that I had to give him/her away to someone with a pond.

Technique: First I drew with silver sharpie in sketchbook. Brought image into Photoshop and added color, then played with noise and pattern. I like the look of it...although the composition is a bit weak. I think the pattern helps strengthen/balance it.

1 comment:

The Tart said...

Very beautiful...I lived in Hawaii yars ago and your fish is perfect..very authentic! Thanks for describing your process, I am just getting started on this...<:-)